Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Two pink lines and Easter Sunday


I told myself I would wait until Easter Sunday... that would make it an official week "late"... before taking a pregnancy test. I'd had too many disappointments before, and had wasted entirely too much money on those stupid tests. So last Saturday evening, I was doing bills. It was a looooonnnnggg session of doing bills, and when I looked at the clock on my computer, I realized it was past midnight. "It's Easter Sunday!" So, with amazing patience, at 12:39 am, I took the test. Then left and finished bills. I was certain that it would again show one lonely pink line, certain that my advancing age and general lack of fertility would once again tarnish a perfectly good holiday. When I went back at 1:30 a.m. to receive my disappointing news from the stick.... there it was. One pink line, and one FAINT second line. But it was THERE. I immediately ran downstairs to tell Rob. He wasn't thrilled about being woken up in the middle of the night. And he didn't say much.... something like "yeah, I already suspected". He knows my cycle better than I do. And then yesterday, I had a blood test taken. My HCG is 672 at 5 weeks. It's official. We're expecting baby #3!!!!! All four of us have been praying daily for this baby -- our last chance to complete the family. We've been waiting a long time for the little guy/gal. The boys don't know what they're saying when they pray "keep our baby safe", but they say it none-the-less, and I think prayers from the mouths of little ones go straight to the Father's ears!

No comments: