Monday, March 23, 2009
The Nature of Babyhood
It occurred to me tonight how utterly fleeting baby-hood is. I get her small and cuddly and helpless for a few short months. From the moment of her birth, she's been progressively growing away from me - getting bigger, more independent. It's as it should be. But I know I will miss these times. I know I will miss her sitting in my lap, and fitting in the crook of my arm. I know I will miss her bald little head, and toothless grin. It will all be supplanted by a little girl in the not so distant future. I will love the little girl as intensely as I do this little baby, but... I WILL miss the baby. She's my last chance at "baby", and I want to soak in every second of her. She's so tiny and delicate and squeezable. She makes me smile just by looking at her. When the little girl comes in her place, I know I will miss the baby's overwhelming innocence and sweetness. It's unique to baby-dom, that innocence. But I know she must grow, will grow, and I will be happy with her growing. I just wish the growing didn't take the baby away at the same time :). Because I LOVE THIS LITTLE BABY!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment