Monday, April 6, 2009

Baby Nightmares?

Reagan has been sleeping for 10.5 hours now, so I went to go check on her. Her eyes were half open and she was smiling, so I assumed she was awake, and started talking to her. NOPE. She has this eerie habit of sleeping with her eyes open. It took me probably a full minute to figure out that she wasn't looking at me. Then her eyes started twitching all over, her little mouth turned into a frown and she started wimpering. Poor thing! She was having a baby nightmare. It was probably all about her frazzled mother not getting a bottle to her quick enough. That's about the most tragic thing that's happened in her little life so far... well, besides the incident where Quinn accidentally stepped on her head when she was lying on the floor. Both are nightmare worthy, I suspect. So then the quandry presented itself... wake a sleeping baby to stop the nightmare? Or let her sleep? I tried to comfort her (very gently) while she was still asleep, but it didn't seem to make much difference, so I'm just leaving her alone. I have a feeling she'll be waking up by herself shortly anyway.....

No comments: