Saturday, June 20, 2009

This time in our Lives

I was thinking today how much I love this time in my life. Don't get me wrong - I have MORE than my share of humiliating, ego-dashing "mommy moments". Being a mother is by far the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, and I often seriously doubt how good I am at it. BUT - I kind of feel that, as I'm "in the thick of it", it's also the time that I'll miss the most when the kids are older. All three are still in the "sweet and innocent" stage (minus a few bratty pre-school type behaviors). I get my baby fix with my little girl Reagan, and I love having conversations with the boys. I laugh constantly at their view of the world. Overall, I'm just.... content.... right now, and I love that feeling. THIS PLACE is where I've been aiming, THIS is where my life has been building. It's good to be here. And I want to appreciate it, because I know it's fleeting.

1 comment:

gardnersixpack said...

So does this mean you are at your peak in your life? :) Let's just hope it stays up there all the time!