Thursday, November 17, 2011

Big Girl Bed

I realize that it's well past due, but Reagan transitioned to a big-girl bed last night.  There really wasn't much reason to get rid of the crib, as she never climbed out of it, and seemed to like it a whole lot, until recently.  And it wasn't that she didn't like her crib over the past few weeks.  It's that, during our construction project, she slept with her brothers, and she found that she liked that.  A whole lot.  And started fussing when she had to go back to bed in her own room.   So we had to up the ante, and make her own room really exciting in some way.  Thus, the switch to a day-bed.  She LOVES it.  Last night, as she snuggled in, I read her stories, she crawled under her covers, and went right to sleep.  I had to laugh, though, because this morning, she was calling to me, as she always does, to get her OUT of bed.  I told her she could get herself out of bed, but on retrospect, I hope she didn't understand me.  I like that I didn't have to worry about her wandering the house in the middle of the night.  Her brothers were all over the place when we first let them sleep in beds - although, they were alot younger at the time.  At about 18 months of so, if I remember right,  they learned how to climb out of their cribs and I was worried they were going to get hurt, so we made the transition then. 

Little girl is growing up!!!

No comments: