Saturday, February 25, 2012

Tidbits

Reagan's current "entourage" includes 5 blankets, 4 pillows, 6 stuffed animals, a princess doll, and a sleeping bag.  She takes them around with her wherever she is in the house.  It's the entire contents of her bed.  She often uses a laundry basket for transport.  And she can't go to sleep without every.single.thing.  She is a mound at night, with the sleeping bag as a "fork" (fort) on top, draped over the lot. 

We may have a hoarder on our hands.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Despite saying it three times a day for her entire little life, Reagan still does not yet know the words to our grace before meals.  Not a problem in her world, though.  She loudly proclaims "grace grace grace grace grace grace" throughout the entire thing, in complete rhythmic unison with the rest of us.  And really... isn't that what we're asking for anyways? 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reagan's hair.  It deserves a blog of its own.  Good grief, child.  My thin stringy mixed with Rob's straight stringy,  formed..... Reagan's ultimate, break-off the moment you look at it, microns-thin, tangle-iscious head of horrors.  Looking back at pictures, I see that it was much thicker a year ago than it is today.  I've had friends from India suggest I shave her bald and start over, with generous dollops of almond and coconut oil.  It's what they do there, they insist, and look how beautiful and thick their hair is!!  And it is true - they have beautiful, thick, luxurious hair.  But genetics may have a little to do with that. 
I honestly don't think I need to shave her head.  At the rate she's going, she'll be bald on her own in the next month or so anyway.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last week I realized that virtually NONE of Reagan's clothes fit her anymore.  She's always been petite, so we've gotten by with 2T's well into her 3rd year.  But the high-waters, short sleeves, and crotch-at-her-knees jammies just weren't cutting it anymore.  So I cleaned out her drawers, and then took her on a trip to the consignment store.  7 shirts, 4 pants and $11 later, she's stocked for the new season!  I DO get more "use" out of clothes than most mothers of toddlers, I admit.  But getting over a year out of something really might be pushing it!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reagan and I have found common ground in the television department lately.  While folding laundry, Reagan snuggles up next to me, and we watch "Cake Boss".  The girl is obsessed with birthday cakes, and STILL talks about her "castle cake" from her last birthday, 4 months ago.  Daily.  Honestly.  "Reagan had a castle cake.  Mommy made a castle cake.  Castle birthday for Reagan."  Makes me feel good that I put the effort into that thing, because it obviously meant a heck of alot to her!  And she LOVES Cake Boss!

No comments: