Mama had the viscious flu bug last night, which... you know... sucked. I don't know what it is about Tuesdays, but we have had no less than FOUR incidents of vomitting on the way to piano lessons so far this year, by sundry members of the family. This time, it was my turn. Vomitting while driving... don't recommend it. I have a nasty mess in the car to clean up, but just couldn't even BEGIN to deal with it last night. Anyways... you're welcome for the visual. Dad took over Cub-Scout duties, which left Reagan and I to chill out at home. Or rather, Mom to ATTEMPT chilling out (between trips to the bathroom), and Reagan to be "caregiver". It was very sweet.
Reagan: "Mommy sick?"
Mom: "Yes, sweetie, Mommy sick."
Reagan: "Mommy play game with Reagan?"
Mom: "I don't think so, Reagan."
Reagan: "Mommy use green blanket. Reagan share. Feel better!"
Then she wrapped me up in her blankie (of which she is normally VERY possessive) and gave me a kiss on the cheek. Getting a kiss out of Reagan is a rare and wonderful treat - she does NOT give them away voluntarily very often. Unfortunately, she wanted to lay on my belly most of the evening, which was NOT a good thing, and try as I might to get her to give me some space so that she didn't catch what I've got... she absolutely refused. So I did my best to breathe elsewhere, and little girl fed herself dinner (microwaved her own pizza and grabbed some strawberries out of the fridge - her independent streak came in handy for the first time EVER). I suppose when you're sick a mommy, and you can't have your OWN mommy around... a little girl is the next best thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment