Monday, June 10, 2013

BUGS

All of a sudden, as of June 7th, 2013.... we have an infestation.  The mosquitos hatched.  And BOY did they hatch this year.  Don't know if it was the long winter or what, but the mosquitos had lots and lots and lots of time to breed, and going outside is akin to an Alfred Hitchcock movie.  Between the over-abundant ticks, wasps and mosquitos, it's hard to truly enjoy the few beautiful spring days we get, because people... .it's a war zone out there.

My children accidentally left the car doors open after getting home from church today.  That means that when we got back IN to the car to go somewhere, it was bug-city. 

Reagan: "I don't like 'squitos!"
Mom: "ME NEITHER!"
Colby: "Mom, there's one on the ceiling right now.  See it?"
(SLAP)
Mom: "Now I don't"
Colby: "It left bug juice behind on the ceiling."
Mom: "I'd rather see bug juice than a mosquito."
Quinn: "Mom, why do you have to kill them?  They're afraid of you!  Just open your window and let them fly out."
Mom: "No.  They need to die."  (such a nurturing mother.  I know.)

Reagan: "Yeah, Quinn.  Wasps and 'squitos and ticks EAT OUR BRAINS."
Mom: "Well, not quite."
Reagan: "Wasps EAT us.  And I tell them 'wasp, you watch your tone young lady!"

hee hee hee.  She may have heard that phrase a time or two in her little life.

No comments: