Dinner table conversation last night....
Dad: "So, what do you guys want to be when you grow up?"
Quinn: "An archeologist. I mean the one that studies rocks."
Dad: "A geologist?"
Quinn: "Yeah. That."
Colby: "I don't know. Something that makes robots."
Reagan: "A ark... tek... Mom, what do I want to be?"
Mom: "An architect?"
Reagan: "Yes. That. I want to color and paint and draw and build towers."
Mom and Dad beam.
Reagan: "And I will have 11 children, and Dad will be the grandpa, and Mom will be the grandma."
Dad: "WOW! 11 kids is a lot!'
Quinn: "You'd be sitting at the table and say 'now, what's your name again?'"
Reagan: "NO! Mommy wants lots of grandkids. Right Mom?"
Mom: "Right."
Reagan: "And I will have 3 puppies, and 10 goldfish, too."
Quinn: "And some iguanas?"
Reagan: "No iguanas. But lots of frogs!"
Dad: "Any cats?"
Reagan: "No cats. But Quinn will be my husband."
Quinn: "No I won't!"
Reagan (smiling and reaching for his hand): "Yes you will."
Colby: "That's illegal!"
You're going to be one busy mama, little girl. Bring it on.
No comments:
Post a Comment