Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Nightmare

Little girl had crawled into my bed last night.  When she woke up this morning, first words out of her mouth were "I had a nightmare".  Oh no.  About what?
"A fire."  She has recurring nightmares about our house catching on fire.  I don't know why.
"Well, maybe we should practice what to do in case of a fire, so you won't be scared.  Would you hide in a closet if there's a fire?"
"No".
"Would you hide under the bed?"
"No".
"What would you do?"
"Go outside," little miss said.
That's right.  You go outside and meet the rest of us at the mailbox.
"But Mom," she insisted.  "What happens if there's a bear at the door when I try to go outside?"
Like there's a fire in the house AND a bear at the door?  That's a really bad day.
"Well, you'd go out the front door then," I said.
"What if there's a bear at the back door, and a wolf at the front door?"  And.... a fire in the house.
"Then you'd go out the window".
"And drop to the ground and die," she finished.

Glad we got our fire plan all worked out this early in the morning.

1 comment:

gardnersixpack said...

Pretty much no hope at all. Funny!