Sunday, August 21, 2016

Olympics

We've been watching what we can of the summer Olympics, which isn't much given that we don't have cable or satellite.  But bits and pieces here and there.  And the kids are fascinated by the whole thing.  And amazed at the varied things that are considered Olympic sports.  Reagan was pondering this in the car one recent day.

Reagan: "What if there was an Olympic sport of writing with your teeth?"
Mom: "Wow."
Reagan: "I mean, it's really hard to do!  I've tried!  So you'd have to be really good to go to the Olympics to do it!"
Quinn: "Seriously?"
Reagan: "YES!  It should be an Olympic sport!"
Quinn:  "Can't you see it?  Michael Phelps, Simone Biles, and the Teeth Writer, all with Gold Medals."
Reagan: "I wonder if someone would get too cocky if they got the Gold Medal writing with their teeth?"
Mom: "Yes, I can see where they'd get a big head.  Maybe literally."
Reagan: "I think it needs to happen."

We'll be contacting the IOC shortly about that.

No comments: