Reagan is a snuggler. Without a "bubble". She craves touch, really. Even at dinner, she tries to crawl into my lap instead of eating in her own chair. Constantly hanging on and climbing on Mom. So, with the advent of this new bug that I've contracted, and it's subsequent "no touch" precautions, Reagan has struggled. Mightily. She asked me last night "Mom! When can we snuggle again????" I nearly cried.
"Just a few more days, sweetie. Then we can snuggle. Well... February 10th. That's a few more weeks."
"WEEKS?!?!?" she cried in despair, and ran out of the room. It's killing her. And me.
So, last night while I was on one side of the couch wrapped in a blanket, and she was on the other side of the couch wrapped in a blanket, she shyly touched my foot with her foot.
"Is this ok, Mom?"
I smiled. YES. And she smiled. And we were both happy and content. For now. But come February 10th, watch out. Mama's gonna snuggle.
No comments:
Post a Comment