My darling little bitty baby girl sat next to me on the bed as I was getting dressed the other morning, and she said the following:
Reagan: "Mom. Most of the girls in my classes are wearing bras now."
This took me by surprise, and I didn't know what to say at first.
Mom: "Well, I don't think you need one just yet."
Reagan: "But why do THEY wear them?"
Mom: "Because their chests are starting to grow. Yours isn't yet."
Reagan: "And most of the girls in my class have been getting 'the talk'. Why haven't I been given 'the talk'?"
Mom: "Do you WANT 'the talk'?"
Reagan: "Well, I don't know. I'm a year older than everyone else in my class. I'm almost 10. But if it grosses me out, I don't want it."
Mom: "OK. Good. Because I'm not ready. Let's revisit this when we're both ready."
I can't handle any more puberty in the house than what we're currently experiencing with two young men! PLEASE, let's wait on this a bit!! Why can't we do this the way MY parents did which was throw a book on my bed when I was fifteen whose title was "Now That You're Twelve"???
No comments:
Post a Comment