Thursday, September 5, 2019

Cold Lunch

I used to make the kids their lunches when they were little, and found that they never ate what I packed, and it all ended in the trash.  Plus, I hated making lunches, having done it for myself as a kid.  It's just one of those chores that I CAN'T STAND for some reason.  Thus, my children have, for the last several years, eaten hot lunch at school every day.

This might be a form of reverse psychology, but you know what Reagan wants now?  Cold lunch!  And she's packing it herself, because I don't want to.  Today, she packed herself roast beef, spaghetti squash, fresh plums, and cucumbers (plus some fruit gushers for snack time).  I would never think to pack such a lunch for her, but it's what she wants, and I am positive it's healthier than whatever she could get at school.  So YAY!!

We'll see how long it lasts.



No comments: