Reagan, this morning after breakfast: "Mom, I lost another tooth this morning."
Mom: "Oh wow! It came out with the pancakes, eh?"
Reagan: "I would put it under my pillow, but there's still a tooth under there from the last time."
Mom: "Last time? When did you lose your last tooth?"
Reagan: "When I went to Mackinac Island last month."
Mom: "You need to announce these things out-loud so the tooth fairy can hear you."
Reagan: "I did. Several times. The tooth fairy didn't come when I lost my tooth last tooth in Wyoming either. That's three teeth it's not showed up for."
(in the tooth fairy's defense, Reagan lost THREE teeth on that trip, and the tooth fairy simply could not keep up. Why did I pay for braces when she didn't have any permanent teeth at the time, apparently????).
Mom: "Well, we just have to admit it. Your tooth fairy is inept."
Reagan: "What?"
Mom: "Inept. Meaning she's bad at her job."
Reagan: "Oh yes. Definitely."
No comments:
Post a Comment