Tuesday, November 19, 2019

11 Year Old Stats



Little miss is growing like a weed.  At age 11, she got straight A's for her first quarter of 5th grade.  Weight is 60.2 pounds (4th% - she's gained just over 3 pounds this past year). Height is 56.75" (50th% - gained 3 inches this past year!).  BMI has taken a severe plummet south, as little girl has grown substantially up, without the accompanying growing out.  It's now 13.14, which puts her in the .38th%.  That's POINT 38.  Not 38.  But, she eats well, and is healthy, and has never been much in terms of BMI anyway, so I'm not concerned.  It will catch up to her, I am assured.  I was built just like her as a kid, and look at my robust BMI now ;).

We were thinking this would be just a standard well-child visit, going to the doctor yesterday, but when I mentioned that she happened to have a fever on Monday, and a sore throat today, the doctor took a look-see, and found... dum dum DUM.... Hand/Foot/Mouth disease.  YUCK.  Sure enough. Bright red throat filled with blisters, and if I would've looked more carefully before the appointment, I would've noticed the rash on her hands, feet, and chin.  Yuck yuck yuck.  Poor thing.  So, good thing we had a well-child scheduled for this day anyway.  I kept her home from school, and maybe it stopped the spread of the gunk just a bit at Houghton Elementary (I doubt it, but maybe).

Overall, though, little girl is healthy, growing, and taking on age 11 by storm!!

YAY REAGAN!!


No comments: