Monday, October 31, 2022

Malificent

 She wanted to be Young Malificent for Halloween, and her mother was HIGHLY skeptical.  She had this overly complicated, enormous design in her head that required an expensive plethora of materials, and it was getting close to Halloween.  The "costume" was just a big mess on her bedroom floor, not 12 hours before Halloween.  "You'll NEVER finish on time," says I... ever the optimist.  "Here.  Let me help you".  She refused my help.  "Mom, I have a vision.  You just can't see it.  I will be done in time."

That girl.  She got it done, and it was SPECTACULAR.  She had an actual flapping wingspan of about 10 feet.  Vision, indeed.  Of course, the wings were too big to fit in my car for her to wear them at school, and she had to ride in the back of Rob's truck in order to go the VFW Halloween party, which was hilarious.  But she made it there, and won grand prize for her efforts.  Good job, young lady!!


 






No comments: