Sunday, November 2, 2008
37 weeks
Vegetable of the week - a stalk of Swiss chard. HA. Whatever. So far, the last 3 days have been the best three days for several weeks! No nausea or stomach symptoms, I have some energy back, my respiratory cold is getting much better. I am trying to get the house "in order", so that I don't feel overwhelmed and chaotic once back from the hospital. Cleaned the fridge, mopped all the floors, vacuumed, wiped down some cabinets, did 6 loads of laundry yesterday. Not that you'd know it, based on the status of the house today. That's the bad thing. When living with very MESSY little boys, all of that work is invisible and extremely temporary. At least Rob has promised to help me clean the basement and fish tank later today. And really, who am I kidding? I WILL come home to a messy house. It's just the cold hard truth at this stage in our lives. But wouldn't it be nice to feel completely "in control" at the START of a newborn's arrival? Because chaos is the one thing I fear more than anything once she arrives. I was so anal with the boys - documented every ounce they ate, every diaper they soiled in a little folder, stuck with a strict schedule, and did nothing but care for two little babies and a house for the first year of their lives. Now, I can't even imagine what life is going to be like after she's here. I think I spend so much time living life and getting ready for her, that I don't stop to think about a real BABY here, in two weeks or less, with 10 little fingers and toes, and sweet smelling hair, and small little baby breaths, to cuddle wtih. Baby's are such a blessing, and this baby especially is such a GIFT, I hope I don't ever take her for granted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment