Saturday, October 3, 2009

11 Months Old




Reagan is 11 months old today, and I am acutely aware that my "baby" will become a "toddler" in the very near future. WHERE did that year go??? I'm not ready!! Luckily, she is very little, so I can still PRETEND she's a baby for awhile longer yet - if she'd only stay still long enough to let me. Here's what I know about our daughter, eleven months into this whole life thing....

1. She weighs a whopping 15 pounds, which still is below the 3rd percentile for weight. The majority of that weight remains on top, in the form of a cranium full of wild hair. We call her "Lollipop", for obvious reasons.

2. Still in 6-9 month clothing, and that often is a little "baggy" on her.

3. Size 2 diapers.

4. Two teeth, bottom front, although I think the top two might be coming through someday soon.

5. Mode of transport: crawling. Fast. She can go from the front of the house to the back in about 2 seconds flat. Alternative mode of transport is pushing her baby stroller, which is alot of fun but not as fast, so not preferred.

6. Favorite activity: taking every last item out of my tupperware cupboard.

7. Eating some table-foods now: applesauce, oatmeal, green beans, cooked carrots. She loves to feed herself.

8. CAN use a sippy cup, but still would rather use a bottle.

9. Has stood unsupported for a max of about 3 seconds. Feel that Fact #1 (big head, skinny body) may be contributing to balance issues at the moment.
10. Her eyes are still a steely gray-blue. I keep expecting them to change to brown like the rest of us, but it hasn't happened yet.

11. Undeniably, totally, thoroughly, unequivocally CUTE, ADORABLE and LOVEABLE.

1 comment:

Emilie said...

Michael has green eyes. Brian has dark brown and Matthew has bright blue...so you never know with eye color!