Thursday, June 3, 2010

19 Months Old


We're on the downward slope towards two, and even though I'd be happy to keep her as one forever, Reagan is decidedly NOT a baby. She fancies herself a very big girl, and is offended (loudly) if treated any differently than her brothers. She shuns the high chair most of the time now, insisting on a stool at the kitchen island like the rest of us. She's a brave, spunky little girl who's not above attacking a five year old boy now and then. At the park today, she was in the bathroom with me, and another mother marveled that Reagan didn't even blink an eye when the toilets were flushed. "My kids were always afraid of the sound!" I informed her that Reagan lived in the equivalent of an auditory war zone, what with two older brothers. Nothing phases her. She is TOUGH. I don't necessarily forsee princesses and pink in her future. I DO forsee soccer and possibly basketball, as she is obsessed with balls. She has taken to throwing her dishes on the ground when she is done eating, which is not an endearing trait. She CAN use sign-language for "food", "more", "milk", and "all done", but usually prefers just to scream loudly until she gets what she wants. She loves to drink out of straws and water bottles. Reagan uses a fork pretty darn well, and can climb up onto the dining room table to tear apart my plant (GREAT). Reagan understands alot of what we say - I can tell her to put a book back on a shelf and she'll do it. If I tell her to go get her shoes, she can. I asked her if she wanted a shower this morning, and she went directly to it. Receptively, she's sharp. Expressively, she hasn't made leaps and bounds, but will say Mama, Dada (or, once, Daddy), Og-og (dog), mmmm'mm (I'm hungry), 00 (shoe), ock (sock), and will smack her lips to indicate that she wants MORE food. She tries to put on her own socks, her own head-bands, and tries to take pictures with the boys' camera.
We love every atom of this little girl's being!!!

No comments: