Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Ms. Chow Hound
The girl has yet to break ground on the official growth chart for weight at the doctor's office (I think she MAY just be 20 pounds at nearly 19 months of age), but MAN can she put the food down. She puts her brothers to shame. I don't think it's because she's hungry. I think she's COMPETETIVE. I think she INSISTS on eating exactly what everyone else does, when they do it. The problem is, she actually gets hungry earlier than the rest of us, so she usually eats lunch first, and dinner first - when she wakes up from her morning and afternoon naps, respectively. So a full meal. But THEN, when it's meal-time for the rest of us, she wants to eat.... AGAIN. This means she gets FIVE full meals a day. And at one sitting, she typically eats more than the boys do. Where does she put it??? Today she had SEVEN chicken nuggets and half a can of green beans for "first dinner", and then another FIVE chicken nuggets for "second dinner", plus a piece of cake for desert. "First lunch" was mandarin oranges, a glass of milk, and a bowl of spaghettios. "Second lunch" was demanded soon afterwards by a holy fit that involved throwing herself face first onto the floor. It's ridiculous. She had three full-size helpings of lasagna the other night - more than the boys and I put together. And the girl weighs the same as my right hand. CRAZINESS.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment