So, Reagan is 20 1/2 months old, and I haven't done updates on her statistics in a while, as the doctor's office is too busy to get us in for well-baby check-ups, and told us not to worry about them (this really concerned me... I think I may be in the market for a new doctor's office). ANYWAYS. This is what I know about Reagan at 20.5 months old:
Weight: 20 pounds. When I first weighed her, it was 18 pounds, which scared me, as I thought she was LOSING weight, but on second try, she BARELY hits 20, and that's after a large breakfast of 3 pancakes and strawberries. This, again, does not even put her on the growth chart - less than 3rd percentile. At what point do I worry about that? She's obviously healthy, she eats well, she just doesn't GAIN much. Excessively high metabolism? Probably. Wish I had that problem.
Height: 31 inches. That's in the 10th to 25th percentiles for her age, which is within normal limits.
Head Circumference: 18 inches, which again is 10th to 25th percentile for her age.
So, in the last 5 months, she's gained 1.7 pounds, 1/2 inch in height, and 1 centimeter in head circumference. She's still wearing 12 months pants, as the 18 months pants fall off of her. HMMMM. Shirts and dresses we can go up to 2T, because if they're baggy, it doesn't really matter.
Words: "Mama. Dada. Og Og (dog). Uh-Oh." Every once in awhile she'll say "all done", "okay", "bye bye" and "thank you", but these are really inconsistent... maybe twice a month. She babbles constantly, though, and fully thinks that she is speaking clear English. She uses to the sign for milk fairly well, and has used "all done", but again... inconsistent. Starting to think a hearing check might be in order to ensure this familial hearing loss thing hasn't passed on down to her. She certainly understands what we're saying, though, so... I don't know. The boys were slow in developing speech, too, and certainly seem to be fairly proficient now, so maybe I shouldn't be concerned.
Our happy baby screeches alot because she gets frustrated when she thinks we don't know what she wants (she's actually pretty clear about what she wants gesture-wise, so it's not that we don't UNDERSTAND her, it's that we're saying "NO", which makes her mad!).
Her joints still pop when I pick her up.... still a loosey-goosey gal. Not yet jumping, but will attempt a fast-walk which approaches a run. I'm picky about supportive shoes for her - she still needs them. A daredevil with climbing - I find her on top of the dining room table frequently, or "surfing" on the ottoman. Not afraid of water, but will play responsibly - she doesn't purposefully drown herself as her brothers did at her age. Smart girl ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment