I don't video tape Reagan enough. She's growing so quickly, I'm going to miss something. I take mental snapshots of her all the time - wanting to freeze these precious moments, even as I'm groaning at the mess it's creating for me. She's this HUGE personality in a tiny package; a tornado, leaving a trail of Matchbox cars and apple cores behind her, and I want to remember every little thing, because I know it's not going to last. I want to remember that she loves to growl like a bear and chase her brothers around the house. When they let her catch them, she rolls around on the floor, laughing hysterically, trying to hug and sit on them at the same time. I want to remember how she spits toothpaste and purses her lips tight while shaking her head, because she HATES having her teeth brushed. I want to remember how she dances and dances, how she pushes stools up to the counter to "be in on the action", how she wakes up every morning by saying "MMMAAAAMMMAAA, MMAAAAMMMAAAA!" I want to remember how she brings her bowl of soup into the living room, because she wants to be in the same room as me during lunch time. How she LOVES to sit on my lap and have books read to her, and loves to sleep with books. Never a doll. Just a blanket and a book. I want to remember how she begs Dad to swing her upside down in the evenings, and how she calls both her brothers "guys". She still can't tell them apart, and when giving them kisses at bedtime, will often kiss one twice and forget the other one, because she thinks she's kissed them both. I want to remember how she squeals and says "pup", and how she is fascinated by balls and Thomas the "choo choo". SIGH. My baby.
I suppose I can choose to forget that she also unloads the file cabinet, fills cups of "water" out of the toilet, and tries to ladel boiling water off the stove top.
No comments:
Post a Comment