Sunday, September 25, 2011

Life as a Pickle

Little Missy Lou Hoo has been rather a pickle for the past few weeks.  We're all fighting colds with the change of seasons, and I tend to blame the 'tude on that.  The boys, who have never witnessed their sister getting in trouble before, are truly enjoying the fact that it's not just THEM receiving the heavy hand of discipline in this house.  Not alot of sympathy from the big brothers.  Today, Reagan took her prescription multivitamin and a bottle of chewable vitamin C, and ate them all.  Luckily, the multivitamin was near the end - I think there may have been only like 2 or 3 left, and I found a half-eaten one on the floor afterwards.  And I know from previous experience that, according to Poison Control, a child can ingest unlimited quantities of vitamin C without ill effect.  No stomach pumping required.  Still, though, it was a serious enough infraction that Mom's voice took on the "Darth Vader" tone.

Mom: "REAGAN?  What did you do??  Did you climb up on the cupboard and get your vitamins?  That's is a NO NO.  You will get SICK.  NO NO."

She looked up at me with those big brown eyes, and.... crumpled.  I could see it start in her little lip twitch, before the entire wail let loose, and she dissolved into tears.  She has a way of making her mom feel like a heart-breaking monster.  Poor thing.  I just want you to be safe!  Honest!!  Her brothers are so used to the "Vader Voice" that it doesn't even phase them anymore.  Reagan's priveleged existence has been all sunshine and happiness until this past month.   At least I think that for now, a stern word really DOES make an impact!

No comments: