I put the boys to bed tonight, and Reagan followed. She crawled into bed with Colby.
Colby: "Mom, she wants to sleep with me tonight."
Mom: "But she talks too much. She won't go to sleep."
Reagan: (perfectly clear) "Mom, I'll be good!"
Mom: "Did you just say that you'll be good?"
Reagan: "Yeah!"
A little background info may be in order. Reagan is a light sleeper. She has NEVER slept in the same room as another person (hospital room as a newborn excluded, of course). In hotel rooms, we put her in the bathroom. At my parent's house, she sleeps in a closet. Oh, we've tried to have her sleep in the same room as another human. It just always fails miserbaly, because she can't calm herself down enough to fall asleep.
But tonight... "I'll be good!" How could I say no? The girl spoke a perfectly clear, full sentence, for goodness sake. It's been 15 minutes, and so far, all is quiet upstairs. She just might make it a full night!!
NEXT MORNING ADDENDUM: Reagan made it until 12:30 am, when she started shrieking loudly. She was brought into bed with me, where she began to squirm, ask for drinks, etc. I simply said "Reagan, if you cannot go right back to sleep, you're going into your own bed." She calmed right down, and slept til 7 am, when her brothers came down in a panic, wondering where she was. Impressive first slumber party for a little girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment