Thursday, July 5, 2012

Myth Buster

I'm not crazy.  Honestly - I'm not.  I'm pretty sure I'm not, at least.  But I've been noticing something lately about myself.  I sparkle.  Not "glistening with sweat in the sunshine" sparkle.  Legitimate, "it won't rub off, but there it is" sparkle.  At first, I thought there must be sparkles in my Suave Aloe Vera body lotion, but... nope.  There's not.  And then I noticed yesterday that REAGAN sparkles, too, and I don't use that lotion on her, anyway.  I could not figure it out!  Quinn and Colby sparkle a little, but not nearly as much as Reagan and I.  I did thorough skin checks to make sure.

 I was racking my brain as to the cause of this phenomenon, and really couldn't come up with anything.    Reagan suggested that our sparkles came from her gold sparkly shoes, but I don't recall rubbing her little size 8's against all of our skin.  Quinn and Colby were equally stumped.

I made the mistake of mentioning this outloud in the presence of my husband.  It went something like this:
"We all sparkle, Rob.   It's not lotion, and it's not sweat.    I think maybe the kids and I are magical."  You know.   Like the Cullens in Twilight - without the blood-lust. 

"Yes, I sparkle.  Everyone sparkles."  No they don't.  Not like this.  I certainly know that I don't typically sparkle like this.

He did his snort, eye-roll, "I can't believe I have to explain this to you, dummy" look. 

"It's SALT.  From dried sweat.  Salt is a crystal and glistens in the sun."

OH.  Well then.  Okay.

I'd really prefer to believe that I'm just magical, though.

No comments: