Saturday, July 28, 2012
Un-squeamish
I was happily mowing the lawn this afternoon when I saw my darlin' daughter, dressed in an all-pink princess ballerina tutu, a feminine pink bow in her stick-straight pig-tails run up to me, smiling from ear to ear. Oh, bless the X-chromosome! Something frilly and sweet in our testosterone laden household. Yeah for girls!!
Reagan had something in her hand that she obviously wanted to show me, so I stopped the lawn mower to check it out.
It was a bird.
Reagan: "Mom! Look! A birdy!"
At first, I thought it was a toy bird, but upon closer inspection I could see that it wasn't.
Reagan: "It's DEAD, Mom!" And then she handed it to me.
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW GROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!
After internally retching for a few seconds, I grabbed her and screechingly explained how we don't pick up dead things, as they are disgusting, and germ-filled, and.... EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. BLECH. ICK ICK ICK.
Then I decontaminated her with Germ-X and every anti-bacterial soap I could find.
And she just looked at me like I was insane. Because it's "just a dead bird, Mom." Big whoop.
UGH. GROSS. EWWW. Ick. Disgusting.
Now I have to go outside and figure out how I'm going to get the dead bird off the lawn mower so I can finish mowing. I certainly am not touching that thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
-2.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment