Thursday, August 23, 2012

Well Child Visit

Little Miss is getting all geared up to start pre-school, and today was the obligatory visit to the doctor, to make sure she is well enough to learn her ABC's.   So, for posterity's sake, here's Reagan's stats:

Height: 39.5"
Weight: almost 29 pounds
BMI: < 3rd %
Weight %: 5th%
Height %: 50th-75th%

Vaccinations up to date, bloodwork complete, everything is honky-dorey!!!  When the doctor asked Reagan to draw shapes, I cringed a little.  She did some, but then turned to me and whined "I can't DO it!".  I know she can, but... well... she's three.  But THEN the doctor asked her to stack blocks and inside I did a little fist pump.  YES!  The girl can STACK like nobody's business.   She stacks things all day long.  Groceries in my grocery cart, the tupperware in the cupboard, the shampoo under the sink....  she's our tower-making superhero.   Reagan made short order of those 10 little blocks, and truly impressed the doctor, because, as the doctor noted, she's the first and only three year old she's ever seen to make a build a tower of blocks with a foundation.  Yup.  First Little Miss arranged blocks to make a stable base, and then built her tower on top of that. 

That's my girl. 

We're supposed to encourage calories, because she's grown 2 inches in the last 3 months (I could've guessed that... all her pants from the spring are too short, and when I had her measured for school shoes, she had jumped up two shoe sizes!) and since her weight has stayed the same, her BMI plummeted off the low end of the chart.  Not too concerned - the girl eats and eats and eats.  But the doctor recommended Boost or some kind of high-calorie nutritional drink to give her body a little buffer in the event of a gastrointestinal illness.  That's easy enough to do.  So wish we could arrange a mother to daughter fat infusion from my backside.  I'm a giver that way, and would be willing to sacrifice.

SO... she's been checked out and ready to start preschool.    Commence Mommy Sobs Now.


No comments: