Little Miss does not have the "good sleeper" gene that her brothers have. To my ever-lovin' dismay. She's crabby crabby crabby, falls asleep around 5 pm despite my best efforts, and then is wide awake well into the evening - long after the Dad and I have hung up our Parenting Hats. She hates sleeping by herself, hates sleeping in her bed, and throws a fit nearly EVERY NIGHT. We've tried threats. We've tried hanging Christmas lights in her room. We've tried bribery. It all works for maybe one night or so, and then... back to sleeplessness. It's a BAD HABIT, as the rest of this family really treasures an early bedtime.
Tonight was the usual struggle. Actually - not sure why I'm using the past-tense "was", when she's still wide awake at the moment, and it's 10 pm. About 2 hours ago, I tried (and failed) to put her to bed. This is what she told me:
"I'm not TIRED! My eyes and head and chest are tired, but my hands and feet AREN'T tired, so I can't go to bed." Very interesting, little girl. At the time she was lying on a swivel chair, slumped with feet on the floor, and she certainly looked exhausted, but her feet were spinning her and that chair around and around and around. So a very apt description, I'd say.
No comments:
Post a Comment