Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Reagan On A Roll

We were sitting down to lunch when I asked the kids what day it is today.

Colby: "December 26th!"
Mom: "Yup.  And who's feast day is December 26th?"
Colby: "Stephen!"
Mom: "Yes.  And who was St. Stephen?"
Colby: "Me!"
Mom: "Uhhhh, you're not a saint.  But you and Dad were named after St. Stephen.  Who was he?"
Quinn: "He helped the poor."
Colby: "He helped the widows."
Quinn: "He helped the orphans."
Colby: "And then he died."
Mom: "Yep.  How'd he die?"
Colby: "I don't know.  Did he die in a fire?"
Mom: "Nope."
Colby: "Did somebody shoot him?"
Mom; "Nope.  I'll give you a hint.  He was the first martyr after Jesus died."
Reagan.  "I KNOW!  He was run over by a reindeer!"

Uhhhhhh.... no.  Not sure if there were any reindeer running about in 1st century Palestine.
Mom:  "Stones.  He was stoned to death."  End of lesson for the day.

-----------------------------------------
Mom: "Reagan, eat your grilled cheese sandwich please".
Reagan: "I can't.  The cheese is gross.  It's full of blood."
Mom: "Full of blood????"
Reagan: "Yes.  It's COLBY cheese."

No comments: