Thank goodness we didn't stop at two kids. Reagan is my little kindred spirit. It's the day after Thanksgiving, and I am itching to decorate for Christmas. Quinn complained loudly that it's "only the day after Thanksgiving! Why the rush? It's too soon!'. Colby just plain ran away. Reagan, on the other hand, was jumping around, saying "I'm so essited! I'm so essited!"
I forced the boys under threat of grounding to help me bring up the Christmas decorations. They complained loudly the entire time and had to frequently be re-rounded up again to finish the job. Reagan, though, was begging me to let her help. "Now what, Mom? Can I bring up more? Now what?"
The boys disappeared somewhere out of eyeshot, while Reagan and I decorated the downstairs tree. She oohed and aahed over every ornament, reminisced about when she made this one, tried to remember who had made that one. And when it was time, I hoisted her up, and she put the angel on the very tip top. Later that night, as the whole family watched "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas", Reagan pointed to the tree which was the only light in the room, and exclaimed "Look Mom! It's so beautiful!!"
Thank goodness there's a little girl who appreciates the beauty and magic of this season like her mother does!!
No comments:
Post a Comment