Sunday, June 29, 2014

Feast of Saints Peter and Paul

So, today is the Feast of Saints Peter and Paul, and we are making a conscientious effort to celebrate the liturgical year more in our home.  What that might look like for this particular feast kinda stumped me, but I eventually came up with the idea of spaghetti.  You know, because both Peter and Paul died in Rome, and meatballs kind of look like rocks ("You are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church").  The spaghetti noodles were supposed to look like swords, to remind us that Paul was the defender of the Gospel after his conversion.  Shaky.  I know.  But the kids really went along with it, and we had a really great discussion at dinner.   I was feeling really good about things.  They're getting it!!  They're getting it!! 

Then Reagan looks down at her plate, and says ....

"So what does the cucumber mean?"

Uhhhhh.  Nothing.  Eat your veggies.  Lesson over for the day.

No comments: