For my jog last night, I was crankin' the old school on Pandora. 80's dance mix. You know. Safety Dance, Modern English. Duran Duran. And it put me in a really good mood. In such a good mood, in fact, that when my jog was over, I still wanted to dance. Rob and Reagan were already snuggled up in bed watching the news when I got home, but I called for them to hurry up and come outside. They thought a bear was in the yard or something. NO. Just a mama with dancin' feet.
Mom: "Come dance with me Daddy!!"
Rob: "Seriously? Uh, no." Bummer.
Reagan: "I'll dance with you Mom!"
Having been turned down by my first date, I gladly took up the second. I popped an ear bud in her ear, lifted her high in the air and we danced around the back yard to "Summer of '69".
Reagan loves to dance. She is always a willing partner. But this impromptu, "at night with the wolves howling" thing was a little out of her element. What had gotten in to that mama???
She finally just said it. "MOM! What did you EAT tonight?!?!!"
Ha ha ha
No comments:
Post a Comment