Sunday, October 2, 2016

Just Like Mom

It was apple picking time, which meant we had to somehow get two boys out of the house and out into the beautiful sunshine to breathe some fresh air - which apparently, they are highly averse to.

Reagan: "Mom, I like being outside!  I like picking apples with you!"
Mom: "Thank goodness!  Being outside is great!  There's so much to do outside!  It's so beautiful out here!"
Reagan: "Those boys don't like being outside."
Mom: "Well, I'm here to change that.  ((raising my voice in a respectful, authoritative way that was in no way yelling))  BOYS!!!!  GET OUTSIDE!!! NOW!!!"

Reagan: "YEAH.  GET OUTSIDE!!! NOW!!!"
Quinn and Colby: "Shut up Reagan."
Reagan: "I don't get it, Mom.  I said the exact same thing you did, and they tell me to shut up and not you.  Why won't they ever listen to me?"
Mom: "Maybe because I'm their Mom and you're not.  And really, they don't listen to me, either."
Reagan: "Well they need to listen.  They need two Moms."
Mom: "Maybe you better let me handle it from now on."

Maybe that's the problem.  Maybe there's just not enough MOM around here to get them to motivate, and I need reinforcements.  I certainly have a willing volunteer with plenty of lung capacity to get the job done!

No comments: