Tuesday, June 24, 2008

18 week Prenatal visit

Prenatal visits are so much less.... dramatic.... than they were with the last pregnancy :). There's no rushing upstairs to have an emergent fetal stress test, no grave warnings to stay in bed, no concerned looks, no prescriptions or IV's. Just "yup, everything's fine, see you in 4 weeks!" and 10 minutes later, I'm outta there! The heart is beating (I have no idea the rate, as she didn't tell me, but it sounded faster than mine, which I take is a good thing), and the baby IS moving, even though I can't feel it. With the doppler, I can HEAR it, and it is reassuring. Quinn was with me, as he "won" the argument as to who would go with mom to the hospital. I'm guessing he was re-thinking the merits of that win... hang out with mom for 45 minutes in a doctor's waiting room, and then watch her give blood at the lab, OR stay home with grandma, eating cookies and watching cartoons. HMMMMMM. C-Section tenatively scheduled for November 17th, 18th, or 19th, depending on availability of the doctor and OR. That is, unless the baby decides to come early, but, given that there's one instead of two, that shouldn't be such an issue. I asked the dr. about my weight gain, and she assured me I was "right on track" given her official records -- only gained 7 pounds according to her. I said "Yeah, but you weren't keeping track those first 7 weeks, and MAN! Were they DOOZEYS!" At least the past 11 weeks the rate of weight gain has slowed down as compared to the first several.

No comments: