
End of the 2nd trimester - Hello 3rd trimester! These vegetable analogies make me laugh -- now the baby is the size of an "English Hothouse Cucumber". Whatever!!! Almost 2 pounds, 14 inches long, and making breathing movements. Her hearing has developed even more -- she should be able to hear my voice, AND whomever I am talking to. Bet she's wondering about some of the conversations I've been having with her brothers lately..... ( "No Colby, you can't poop in your pants. You've got to use the toilet, or they're not going to let you in school!!!" ) Thankfully, she doesn't inherently know English. I have been very fatigued over the past week. Don't know if that's due to pregnancy, or staying up late to watch the Olympics!
Belly DEFINITIVELY larger than the rest of me. Trying not to waddle yet, but it takes conscious effort at times. Bravely, I donned a swimsuit in public over the past weekend, and people were polite enough not to make "whale" references, although my father in law did not-so-subtly ask me to move to the rear of the boat so that the "weight was in the back". I have refused to step on the scale in recent weeks, because I really DON'T want to know. I never did have food cravings when I was pregnant with the boys, and I can't say that I have CRAVINGS now, per se.... but I do feel entitled to daily amounts of chocolate and/or ice cream, which I know is not a good thing.
Belly DEFINITIVELY larger than the rest of me. Trying not to waddle yet, but it takes conscious effort at times. Bravely, I donned a swimsuit in public over the past weekend, and people were polite enough not to make "whale" references, although my father in law did not-so-subtly ask me to move to the rear of the boat so that the "weight was in the back". I have refused to step on the scale in recent weeks, because I really DON'T want to know. I never did have food cravings when I was pregnant with the boys, and I can't say that I have CRAVINGS now, per se.... but I do feel entitled to daily amounts of chocolate and/or ice cream, which I know is not a good thing.
Interesting little tidbit -- at this point in my last pregnancy, I had been on bedrest an entire month, and hospitalized twice for a total of 6 days. THIS pregnancy, I went to the beach. Much better.
No comments:
Post a Comment