Thursday, February 18, 2010

15 and a Half Month Well Child Visit

"Well-child visit" was kind of a misnomer today, as Reagan has a sinus infection requiring antibiotics. Still... here's the stats:

Weight: 18.3 pounds (STILL less than the 3rd percentile - not on the chart yet. We'll be in that rear-facing car seat FOREVER!!!!)
Height: 30.5 inches (50th% - exactly average!)
Head Circumference: 46 cm (75th %. Still a sizeable cranium. Lollipop-itis persists).

My goal was to have her walking by this doctor's visit, and I'm happy to announce that she can take about 10 steps now!!! It's coming, it's coming!!! The doctor agreed with my analysis of low muscle tone and lax ligaments, and suggested the possibility of weekly therapy. I said "uhhhhh, that'd be ME she'd be going to see." She quickly recovered and said "well, we'd probably send her to one of your co-workers, because it's always so hard to work with your own kids." I AM therapizing her at home. She gets relentlessly pushed to walk. And it's coming, slowly. I think I'll forgo paying money to someone else to do something that I've spent the last 14 years doing. May have to break down and get some orthotics for her, but I'm not willing to go there just yet.

Anyways, two shots and much crabbiness later (she slept all of about 3 hours last night because of her hacking cough!), we are home. Let's hope little girl gets well before our big trip to Florida next week!!!

No comments: