Sunday, February 21, 2010

Baby Nightmares

Reagan awoke at 12:39 am this morning, screaming bloody murder at the top of her lungs. I ran in there, thinking she was hurt, leg stuck between the crib slats or something. Nope. Then I assumed she was thirsty because of her cough, so gave her some water. She threw it back at me. Changed her diaper, but it didn't really need it. Gave her some milk instead of water -- that quieted her down for a second or two, but not for long. I brought her into to bed with me, and held her tight. She quieted down. But then I turned off the light, and she started screaming again!! Turned back on the light - quiet instantly, as long as I held her. I eventually was able to turn off the light, but when I tried to ease her down off my belly, to lay beside me with my arm around her, she climbed right back on top of me and laid down. It took her an hour and a half to fall back to sleep. And even then, once asleep, she woke up a few times, and if I wasn't directly touching her, she'd wimper a bit, and then crawl back on top of me.

The only thing I can figure is that something scared her really bad. Can't imagine what that might be! Poor little girl. What in her little life experience would cause that kind of terror in a dream? She awoke this morning happy as a clam, though, so I'm hoping that whatever it was, she's forgotten all about it.

1 comment:

gardnersixpack said...

Maybe she has an ear infection as well now...that usually occurs at night laying down, and it seems she didn't want to lay down.