Monday, November 8, 2010

Oh NO!

Rob asked me, when I got home from work tonight "How do we handle it when baby bites someone?"

Wha-huh??

Apparently, Reagan BIT another child at daycare today, and the day care provider called to ask how we handle it at home.  At home?  Well, she bit her brother once about 7 months ago, after which I told her NO and put her in her crib. It's documented here, and as you can see, it was clearly self-defense.   I can't say it's really happened since then.  Certainly not REGULARLY.  Certainly not so regularly that we have a disciplinary plan in place to deal with the situation.  Oh GOODNESS.  Apparently she didn't want to share a toy today.  Apparently, we have one tough little girl who is not about to be pushed over by ANYONE.  Apparently, she is teething, and wants to put those new canines to use. And it makes her cranky, which seems to be the common thread with all such "incidents". 

So, when does parenting get easy?  Anyone?  Anyone?

No comments: