Sunday, January 22, 2012

Hiccups in the sink

Reagan was being silly at bedtime tonight (stall tactic?  Absolutely), thinking it was HILARIOUS to call her night-time prayers "grace".  After about the 10th time, she made herself laugh so hard, she got the hiccups.  All of a sudden, she jumped out of bed.

Mom: "Where are you going?"
Reagan: "The kitchen!"
Mom: "Why?  It's bed time.  You need to get in bed."
Reagan: "Reagan put hiccups in sink!"
Mom: "You need to put your hiccups in the sink?
Reagan: "Yes."
And there she went.  I found her on a stool, leaning over the kitchen sink, hiccuping.  WHAT?  Where was this coming from?    Then it hit me.  She thought hiccups were the same as vomitting.  OOOHHH. 

I tried to do some explaining, but I don't know how much she understood.  And it took some heavy coaxing to get her back to bed and leave the sink behind.

Silly girl.

No comments: