Thursday, June 21, 2012

Cleptomania

Little Miss likes to take things, and put them in other things.  I find bags full of Lincoln Logs, stuffed animals, combs, and balloons.  I find find vases filled with water.  I find toy baby strollers filled with shoes.  You get the picture.  Well, lately (not lately - she's ALWAYS done this) she's been taking MY stuff, out of my purse, and then depositing them... somewhere.  It DRIVES.ME.CRAZY.  In April, she climbed up her 4 foot tall dresser and grabbed her jewlery box off the shelf.  Before I even realized what she had done, she had lost the gold and ruby baby ring my own grandmother had given me when I was a baby.  Precious, heirloom stuff that I could not find, even though I tore her room apart afterwards.  I honestly have not vacuumed her room since this happened, afraid that it would sucked up forever. 

Last week, she took my cell phone, my camera charger, AND my iPod.  The tendency towards high-end electronics is a bad turn.  NOT GOOD. 

Well, since Saturday, I am please to report that I have found 3 of 4 missing items!!  My cellphone was found in a tea-pot during our Alice In Wonderland Tea Party.  A teapot full of water, I might add.  My camera charger was found in a pink Hello Kitty Backpack, along with 15 children's books, and the baby ring (HALLELUJAH!!  The BABY RING!) I found yesterday, down in our old yucky basement, in a puddle of rainwater.  Yes.  I was doing laundry down there, in the leaky basement, and saw a small little something, and.... there it was.  She must've put it in one of her pockets or something, and it fell out.  On the floor.  In a puddle of rainwater.  If it had gone into the washer or drier, I am sure that it would've been gone forever, in that same vague place that houses all our missing socks.  THANK YOU LORD.

So, now it's just my iPod missing, and I have absolutely no idea what random place I might find it in.  I have checked all logical places, but I have NOT checked all illogical, 3-year old brain places.    I will keep looking.  Let's hope it didn't go down the toilet.

No comments: