Sunday, June 3, 2012

New 'Do

Reagan has gotten all of one haircut in her 3.5 years of life.  This is because her hair is so thin and frail  it breaks off if someone glances at her funny, and there hasn't really been much of a NEED for a haircut.  The one she did have last November removed approximately .000593 inches of hair, and was more because I wanted my mother to be "the one" to give her haircut, and not because she actually needed one. 

So, imagine my horror when I looked at my darlin' daughter the other day, and noticed a large bald spot right smack dab on the top of her head. 

Mom: "WHAT happened here?????"

Colby: "Oh, Mom, that was me.  It was hurting Reagan, so I had to cut it out."

Mom: "What was hurting Reagan?"

Colby: "The gum.  My gum got caught in her hair."

The obvious question... HOW???... I left unasked.  Really - anything is possible with these kids.  Colby continued.

Colby: "I tried pulling it and pulling it, but it was just making her cry, so I got the scissors and cut it out."

He was saying this as if he was doing Reagan a genuine act of kindness, that he made her ridiculously bald out of the sheer goodness of his heart, to help her avoid pain and suffering.

Mom: "Next time"  (there WILL be a next time, I have no doubt) "you should come and get me.  I'll get it out for you."

When I was cleaning upstairs not long afterwards, I found what I thought was a dead mouse.  Nope.  It was the enormous chunk of hair/gum that was removed from my daughter's already balding head.  Much bigger than I thought. 

Her hair doesn't stand a chance.  It just doesn't.  It's getting shorter and shorter the longer she's alive. 

No comments: