Sunday, February 10, 2013

Drama Queen



The Miss threw a heavy metal object at her brother's head tonight - seemingly in jest, but... HELLO! That's a dangerous deal! Quinn was crying hysterically, Colby was in hysterics himself screaming at his sister, and Mom and Dad, who were upstairs at the time, just knew that all Hell had broken loose in the basement. Reagan was duly punished, and the disapproval of her entire family was devestating to her. She flung herself onto her bed, and cried - loudly - for 45 minutes. At one point, about 20 minutes in, I asked her if she wanted to come to dinner.

Reagan: "(sob). I can't. I'm not done crying yet. (sob)"

Mom: "Okay. When you're done, come on in and eat with us."

Reagan: "WAAAAAIIIIILLLL."

5 minutes pass.

Mom: "Hey, Reagan. Wanna eat some dinner?"

Reagan: "I CAN'T! I'm not done crying yet! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH."

Mom: "Allright then. But dinner's getting cold."

Reagan: "(gutwrenching sob) You're just going to have to eat without me."

Mom: "OK. Come join us whenever you want."

Reagan: "I have to cry some more. WAAAAAHHHHH."

So funny, this drama queen. After her 45 minutes of wailing was up, I cuddled her in the rocking chair for a few minutes, and then she did join us in the kitchen, happy as a clam, as if nothing had happened. Silly, silly girl. Her brothers are certainly not nearly distraught about their parents' disapproval!

No comments: