Monday, February 25, 2013

Mommy Daughter Day

The men-folk are off galavanting in Wisconsin for the evening, to celebrate Dad's birthday.  That leaves Reagan and I at home to hold down the fort.   Our agenda is not nearly so exciting as theirs - we've done the dishes, mopped the floor, swept the den and living room, cleaned the bathrooms.  HHMMPH.  Reagan has asked 2,305 times where her brothers and Dad are, and each time I have told her the same answer.  They're in Wisconsin, and they will be back tomorrow.

"So, Daddy has two children with him."
"Yes".
"Mommy has one children with her."
"Yes."
"At least you still have one children."
"Yup.  Thank goodness for you, Reagan!"

She's feeling a bit abandoned, and when she phrases it like that, it makes me feel a bit abandoned, too!!  At least I have "one children" left, though.    PLUS - did she just do some math, there???

No comments: