Saturday, July 18, 2020

Growing Up: Toy Story Edition

While I was at work today, Reagan cleaned her room.  I mean, she REALLY cleaned her room.  She came out with six garbage bags full of every last toy she owns, and she plans on giving them all away.  I was crushed by this.  "REAGAN!" yells I.  "You were playing with this just last month!  Are you sure you want to give your teddy bear away?"

She assured me she did.  She is going into sixth grade, and that's too old to play with toys.  Boo Hoo Hoo.  I remember where she got every last one of these, and I am having a hard time parting ways with them, as they are mementos of my baby's childhood. 

"You're way too sentimental mom" she tells me.  All the time.  I know I am, but... do you have to give away everything????  Like... everything???  I snuck a few out of the bags and am saving them for my future grandkids.  I can't go cold turkey like that, even if she can.

Dang you, time, and your relentless march forward!  I'm not ready!  I keep having flashbacks of "Toy Story 2". 





No comments: