Monday, July 7, 2008

Our Little Girl





Well, the prophecy was right. It's a GIRL! She's got all of her major parts - all fingers, toes, and major organs accounted for! She's a mover and a shaker, which is why the 3-D ultrasound looks like an alien. Rob was a little scared when he saw that picture. "Does she REALLY look like that?" No. I don't think so. Heart rate - 147 bpm. Weight - 10 ounces. Height - 12 cm crown to rump, not counting legs which were folded up near her head half the time. She flip-flopped several times during the "visitation". And kicked me repeatedly - of which I felt nothing. I asked the ultrasound tech why that was, and she said that my placenta was anterior, and the baby was really kicking THAT more than me. OOOOOOHHHHHH. So THAT'S why I haven't felt her.



Tiny baby feet -- see them? Her legs are crossed, so the left foot is on top, right foot on bottom (a little blurry), toes pointed towards the left of the picture.



There she is, smiling for the camera, arms up over her head. Colby used to sleep like that. She's already taking after her big brother!




The creature from the Black Lagoon




The boys were pretty excited to see a picture of the baby in Mommy's belly. At least, excited for approximately 30 seconds before Colby asked "Can I have a ball? Get it, MOM!" But Quinn, at dinner, noted that babies LOVE to eat mushrooms, so he generously gave me all of his. In other pregnancy-related news, I have been a TOTAL klutz lately, and sprained my ankle today while at work. Yesterday, I spilled orange juice all over the fridge, dropped chocolate milk all over the kitchen floor, hit my hand really hard on the coffee table. Today, I was running with a little boy outside when I twisted my ankle and fell to the ground. I've been limping around, looking ridiculous. I cancelled my last two kids at work, as I knew I would NOT be able to keep up with them. STUPID.

3 comments:

the Sommervilles. said...

Sooooooooooo cute!!!

Monica said...

Gosh, THANKS :) Her skull formation is adorable, isn't it? And did you see those arm bones?

gardnersixpack said...

I knew it was a girl! How cool! So now, the name argument segment is over...which will be nice. I think I'm 100% so far....:)