Thursday, July 3, 2008

A prophecy?

OK. I'm going to make a guess here, and I could very well be proven wrong (likely to be proven wrong, but just in case I'm RIGHT, it'll be dated and documented here). I had an experience 2 years ago that was rather freaky, and at the time I thought it applied to what was happening THEN, but it occurred to me as I was sleeping last night that maybe it applies to NOW. So here's what happened.... don't think I'm insane.
I was working with a little autistic boy two years ago, doing our physical therapy (sit ups, I believe) in the back hallway at work. He looks at me funny, and says out of the blue "Monica, who's going to be my therapist when you're taking care of the baby?" Weird. "What baby?" I asked. "The baby. You're having a baby". No, I told him. I definitely WASN'T. Biologically, things had recently occurred (if you know what I mean) that told me I definitely was NOT having a baby. "Yes you are, and it's a girl. Monica Jr. She'll be born in November". I tried desperately to convince him I was NOT having a baby, but he was having none of it, and was very insistent. He kept saying that Monica Jr. looked like me, and SEE! There she was, waving at him! He was concerned as to who would be his therapist when I was at home with the baby, and it was very upsetting to him. Well, that incident stuck with me the rest of the day, and later that night. He was just so SURE, it was weird. So, early next morning, I took a pregnancy test, and YUP. Pregnant. Crazy. So I assumed we were having a girl, just like Matthew said, and hoped he was just being silly about the November thing. In October I miscarried. Matthew hadn't brought up the baby thing at all since that initial time, but his first visit after my miscarriage he just looked at me, and asked matter-of-factly "where's the baby? Is she born?" I told him no, that the baby was in heaven. "Hmmm. " he said. "She was supposed to be born in November". And he never mentioned anything even remotely unusual ever again, and eventually moved away with his family. Well, that pregnancy turned out to be a molar pregnancy -- neither girl nor boy because it was just kind of an empty gestational sac. So it occurred to me, that if God was talking through this little autistic boy, maybe he was meaning THIS baby (I know, it's a stretch). THIS baby is due in November. Will it be a girl???? Monica Jr.? HMMMMM. So, even though by the "timing method of sex-selection" that both my sisters swear by, this baby is bound to be a boy -- I'm going on record as guessing it's a GIRL. Because Matthew said we'd have a girl born in November. Time will tell if I'm being silly or not :) Thanks for bearing with me. See, I can say crazy things like this, because I can always blame it on the pregnancy if I'm whacky.

No comments: