Monday, December 15, 2008
Blessing
In the midst of hustle and bustle that is the Christmas season with a young family, I sometimes forget to just sit and enjoy my little girl. She is still such a mystery to me. I don't know her every little expression and mannerism like I do the boys. I can't anticipate how she will react (although lately, it seems like her primary reaction to ANYTHING is sleep!). I look at her, and she still seems somewhat a stranger to me. I can't believe she's here, and that she's going to be "sticking around" as part of the family, and not just a visitor. I still sometimes stumble over her name - "Reagan" doesn't come so readily to my lips as "the baby". I wonder what she'll look like when she grows up (and WAKES up... she looks so different with her eyes open as opposed to eyes closed!). I wonder what her little personality will be like. I wonder what the future holds for her, and how she will fit into our family. The boys already love her intensely. They're so incredibly proud of their little sister. It makes me smile. Here's to getting to know you, my daughter Reagan. We're so blessed to have you in our lives. I hope we take the time to realize that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment