Wednesday, December 10, 2008
No schedule whatsoever
The boys, when babies, were trained to be on a rigorous schedule by the nurses on the NICU. By the time they came home a month later, they ate every four hours on the dot, and at night took 15 minutes to eat and went right back to sleep. By two to three months of age, they were sleeping through the night. Reagan did not have the "advantage" of such a boot camp. There's no such thing as a schedule, especially at night. So last night, feedings were at 8:00 pm, 9:30 pm, 3:15 TO 5:15 am, then again at 7:00 am and now 8:15 am. (Just a note - the husband was up at 6 am, and boys by 6:45, which means mom was essentially up since 3:15 without going back to sleep). Reagan did get one stretch of sleep in there, for which I am grateful, but if only I could feed her and she would go BACK to sleep, I'd be even MORE grateful. If I try to nurse, she gets tired out after half and hour and falls asleep, and then is hungry again an hour later. If I DON'T nurse, it means an extra visit to my good friend the breast pump. Either way a time consuming process. I'm fine with time-consuming during the day, but at night, I'm rather protective of my sleep (HA). I think I need a better plan. Gary Ezzo and Babywise - here I come. Time to schedulize, for my sanity's sake. Now that I think about it, the only real schedule I see appearing is that she consistently wants to eat during the three busiest times of day - when I'm trying to get the boys out the door for school, when they come BACK from school, and when I'm trying to fix dinner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment