Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Current Stats

For the Record Books:

Little Miss continues to weigh just BARELY 24 pounds (I have a feeling if I had a digital scale, it would read 23.75 or something, but since mine is analog, I'm calling it 24).  She's 35" tall.  By the growth calculator, that puts her in the 10th to 25th percentile for length, and 3rd to 5th for weight.    Weight for length is below the 3rd percentile, not even on the chart.  That's why I checked ... she's just looking so LONG AND SKINNY lately.  Like she has the proportions of a 7 year old instead of a toddler.  Pants are a nightmare - 12 month waist with a 2T length.  We're used to it, though.... her brothers haven't owned a pair of pants that stay up on their waist since they were in overalls. 

A good wind just might blow her over, and she seems to be not very sturdy.  Haven't done a gross motor assessment on her, by my guess would be low-end of normal.  Those feet are still pretty pronated due to low muscle tone, and she's not got a lot of power  yet, although she is just leaving the ground when trying to jump lately.  Speech wise, however, she is making great strides, and pops off with new words every day.  Today she said two complete sentences in a row.... "Mom, I need help.  I want that."  You go, girl!!! 
Cognitively....  sharp as a tack.  Maybe too much so.  NOTHING gets by her.  NOTH----ING.  I mean it.  She's been a bit of a drama queen since we returned from out west, constantly saying "OW!" with even the tiniest bump, and even minor falls conjure up major tears. 

She certainly knows how to twist Mommy and Daddy around her little finger, and flirts conquetishly with both of us, whenever her brothers aren't around.  We fall for it.  She's adorable, and our baby.    We're content to be twisted ;).

No comments: